Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Don't believe it...

A fellow on a sailing forum where I participate lives near Yellowstone. He told me that June 10th is the "magic date"... after that time, we should be above freezing at night and the snow should be behind us... flowers would bloom... birds would sing... and all would be warm in this high elevation world.

Lies, more lies, and damn lies!

Here's a look out our window on Wednesday, June 11th...


Everybody sing: "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..."

It was clear and cold when we went to bed last night; I thought the snow might miss us. I am so silly.

Today is a day off for us; Joan made cinnamon rolls, and we're toasty in our RV with the heat turned up. It was 23º when I got up this morning, but the sun is out and it's already up to a balmy 28º at 8:00. I may just sit around and read this morning... now, where did I put that copy of "The Shining"?

No comments: