Thursday, June 19, 2008

Evicted...


Today was our last day off this week. There was a knock at the door this morning; Bethany, the RV park manager asked, "Can I ask you two to move?" No, not really evicted... there is a tree behind our trailer that is leaning our way. Last week, Joan asked me if I thought it was a problem. "Nahhhhh." Well, apparently Bethany thought it was. She wanted us to move so a tree-cutting crew could come in and chop it down. So, we went to work unhooking all the utilities and getting the trailer ready to move.

We pulled it down a couple sites just long enough for the crew to chop down the tree. Our part took about an hour; their part took less than 15 minutes. And then another hour or so to get things back to where we were. Well, we moved the trailer over just a bit, since when we first arrived, we were dodging snowbanks. Now, we have a bit more room on our patio.

Then it was doing what people do on days off: laundry and cleaning. Yeah, life in the fast lane. We may be living in a vacation area, but the day-to-day stuff still needs to be done. On the bright side, I did get in a motorcycle ride this afternoon. I stopped at the marina to visit with the other Lake Queen captain to see what new squawks (problems) I'd be dealing with in the morning... and there's always something.

While walking down the dock (dressed in my motorcycle leathers), one of the dockhands said, "Hey, Captain Jim, I almost didn't recognize you without your uniform."

"It's just Jim today. See you tomorrow."

No comments: