Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Well, This Should Be Easy Enough...

Wednesday, June 24th. Job for today: get concrete anchors installed in the driveway to hold down the trailer. I rented a hammer drill to make the two large holes for the tie down anchors. It would have been perfect, if it had worked properly. It pounded but didn’t rotate. After a couple inches into the concrete, the bit stuck. And by stuck, I mean: that son-of-a-b!tch wasn’t coming out for nuthin’. I had to go get another hammer drill to drill out the first! Fortunately, that one worked. Oh, and I was being charged by the hour. Oh, and it was hot with 3,000 % humidity! I easily turned a one hour job into a 3 hour ordeal. In the heat. And the humidity. But, it is done! And with some concrete patch material on there, you can hardly tell that some dumbass drilled way more than necessary.

No comments: