Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Before the Sunrise

This morning I was out earlier; enough so that I left in the dark. Coming out of our canal, I turned east to go through the swing bridge. This route takes me between South Padre Island and Long Island. Before the sun pokes above the horizon, the sky gets light, then you see a bit of color where the sun will soon be.



Then it was back into the Gulf to watch the sun make its appearance.




I bobbed around there for a while, watched a couple big fishing boats go out, then turned back into the jetties.



With the autopilot on and the radio playing, I walked around the boat, shooting photos from the front and back. The photo above is of a line of pelicans soaring east while I was going west.
Back home, Joan got some cinnamon rolls baking while I hosed down the boat and put things away. Another nice start to the day.

No comments: