Thursday, July 30, 2009

Eastward...

Wild Blue is on the move again. I rechecked filters, drained the water/fuel separator, checked fuel lines and pressure. When I started her this morning, there was some hesitation as I powered up in neutral, then it ran smoothly all the way into the higher RPMs. I checked forward and reverse thrust while still tied off... this wouldn't be a good place to lose propulsion, since there is a spillway right next to the lock.

We shoved off and ran west to check things out... all seems fine. I don't like "unknowns", but maybe it is the notorious "bad gas"... or if there was water in there, perhaps we ran it through. When we get to civilization, I'll pick up some fuel conditioner.

In the meantime, the storms have moved on, it's a mostly sunny day, the wind is at our back, we've transited Lock 13, and heading east. Joan is on the helm with a fresh cup of coffee, and I'm posting. Nice.

No comments: