Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day Off...

Our day was mostly off the boat today. Breakfast at a Tim Horton's (no, we're not in Canada, yet), some shopping, and rotation of wardrobe as we get ready to head north (only going to be in the 60s here tomorrow). I replaced our horn today... we understand that the locks in Canada rely on horn signals rather than VHF. I was fortunate to find a direct replacement. The exterior wiring on the old one was was so brittle it came apart when I was removing it; the horns look to be a sealed unit, but they were corroded. I tested them with direct 12v to see if they would work, with the thought of soldering in new wires, but they were a goner. I'm thinking I must have been running on one horn for a while, because I can hear the dual tone with the new one.

We are in a slip next to Dave and Jan on Fan-C-Dory. We really enjoy their company and spent the evening visiting between the cockpits. We decided to hang out here for an extra couple days... the weather is supposed to be rainy (big surprise), and we've enjoyed this location.

We're heading off to a winery tomorrow (lots of those around the Finger Lakes area).

No comments: