Thursday, August 20, 2009

East Bound...

I have to say, we really enjoyed our time in Holley... quiet, rural setting, friendly people, very laid back, and Izzy loved to walk there (without all the noisy traffic). We had a gentle rain this morning, and in between the showers, Izzy enjoyed more leash time.


We are back in the Village of Spencerport, now going east on the canal. When we were here before, we were trying to decide between Texas BBQ and pizza... Joan voted for pizza that night. I smelled the BBQ that evening and knew we were missing a good thing. Fortunately, today, Joan wanted to stop at a gift shop (specialty baskets) on the way back through. I will give testimony that "A Taste of Texas" BBQ place here in Spencerport has the finest BBQ I've ever had outside the Lone Star State... and a strong rival for anything IN Texas. It may be that it's been a while, but Joan had the brisket (a true measure of good BBQ) and I had an Outlaw Stuffed Potato (full of pulled pork). This was melt-in-your-mouth, total MEAT goodness! It nearly brought tears to my eyes! Thumbs Up The old boy that owns the place is from Houston; we "talked Texas" while waiting for our food. Frankly, I kept hearing that Pace Picante Sauce commercial ("New York City?") playing in the back of my head, but this place IS the real deal.




Joan got her baskets, picked up a book at the Book Centre (you have to see that place to believe it), and we saw the folks selling hot dogs, but I could hardly walk by that point, I was so stuffed.

We'll settle in for the night here, and continue east back to Big Red over the next week. Then, north, and maybe swing by Niagra Falls on the way back south.

No comments: