Sunday, August 9, 2009

Running Out...

I'm running out of superlatives and adjectives to describe all that we are seeing here in New York. There is no way a week does this place justice, but we are also missing the peace and quiet of cruising.



We covered a lot of ground today... walked by the World Trade Center site, hopped on a bus to the SeaPort, transferred to another bus and took the tour of Brooklyn, back to another bus and through the swanky side of Manhattan (much of it seems pretty swanky to me)... places I've seen in the movies, like The Plaza or the Waldorf Astoria. Apartments costing millions. Past the UN. Then along Central Park... amazing that someone had the foresight to plan for such a beautiful green space in the middle of this city.


Then I was on a mission: I'd heard about John's Pizza and I was determined to have "New York's first and best pizza". Maybe a lot of hype, but the pizza was very good. When we were within a couple blocks of the place, two different locals we asked had no idea where it was. Then more wandering around Times Square and the Theater District, another bus south, and the walk back to the water taxi to take us home to our boat.

Yep... I'm running out of descriptive terms... and steam.

No comments: