Friday, September 25, 2009

Ready to Swap...

Wild Blue came out of the water this morning... in the rain. I bought a hull cleaner at Wal-Mart (Atwood Premium Hull Cleaner)... the active ingredient is oxylic acid, but even so, I didn't expect much. It took the brown stain off the hull like it was nothing! No scrubbing; just wipe the stuff on, let it set for 30 seconds or so, and rinse it off. In a few stubborn places (like under the side bunk of the trailer), I had to give it a little wipe. I've used muriatic acid on hulls in the past, but that stuff seems really nasty. This stuff worked on the brown stain even better, and didn't take all the wax off the hull. $10. But wait, there's more! No, not really... but this was beginning to sound like an infomercial. ;-)

I thoroughly flushed the hull with fresh water with the hose when I was done cleaning it. In the rain (of course). I'm sure the neighbors thought I had really lost it this time.

The rain quit for a few minutes, so I got out there with some Maguires wax and got the brow and the hull buffed up. Of course, the rain started again before I was done. Makes the wax a bit gummy. More buffing in between the rain showers.

So, as pretty as I can make her considering all the rain. The hull is a nice clean white again, and that was my main objective. We will be ready to swap the boat for the RV tomorrow.

No comments: