Wednesday, October 14, 2009

CRASH!

It's now 11:45. At 11:00, Joan was outside... I heard her yell, "We're gonna get hit!" followed by that sickening crash noise. As I ran to the door, I hollered, "Are you OK?"

"I am, but our truck isn't!"

When I got outside, I saw a Jeep had run into the side of our beautiful Big Red. A guy with a Bounder Diesel unhooked his Jeep uphill from us, and didn't put the transfer case in gear... it rolled down the hill and smacked into the side of our truck. He was on the front of the Jeep, trying to hold it back... yeah, that trick didn't work.

The truck is drivable, but damn ugly. We've filled out insurance and police reports.

As you might imagine, this puts a crimp in our travel plans while we wait to see what's next.

Fortunately, no one was hurt. The bike rack on the back of his Jeep did a number on our truck; the rear door, cab, and bed on our truck has damage. His Jeep had damage on the rear gate.

He admitted to us and the police officer that he did not have the Jeep in gear. Excrement occurs. We've driven RVs over 300,000 miles and have come off relatively unscathed. This is an inconvenience, but it could have been a lot worse... it didn't hit the HitchHiker and the truck (while nasty looking) is still drivable. No one got hurt.

Here's an example of someone who shouldn't be driving a big coach... he has it for sale... too bad it didn't sell.

This will have an effect on our travel plans for a while.


-----------------------------------------------------------

I like that truck so much I could just about write a country song... "You done broke my heart when you broke my truck... everybody sing!"

No comments: