Friday, October 16, 2009

Spiders, scorpions, and snakes...

We left the COE campground this morning. While unhooking electricity, I did some hand-to-hand combat with the biggest black widow spider I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure I squealed like a little girl as I chased him down the side of the coach, onto the 50 amp cable, and into the storage box. I couldn't let him (or her) stay in there and reproduce. I'd like to tell you I carefully lifted it out of the box and released it into the tall grass... but, that's not the way it worked out. If they stay out of my living space, they get to live, if not, they are dispatched.

While pulling up the front landing gear on the 5th wheel, Joan flicked at something and asked, "Oooouuu, what's that?" It was a scorpion. It scampered off after the flick, so it got to live. It was a lot bigger than the spider.

And the snakes? Oh, yeah... the insurance companies.

We ambled our way south. Stopped frequently for shopping, lunch, and a Camping World. The RV park we intended to stop at was having an RV Women Rally that we didn't know about and they were completely full. We drove a bit further than we intended, but we're down for the night. It was chilly and drizzly this morning, but the further south we drove, the better the weather became. 79ยบ, sunny, and breezy here at the Adventure Texas RV Resort.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

No spiders or scorpions on the Cumberland River. Just think, you could be in cool weather watching the leaves turn colors. We leave for Nashville docks in the morning. One of these days maybe we'll be in the same place at the same time. Have a good one :o)

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Jeff,

This wandering stuff isn't always "precise" as far as our timing goes. ;-)