Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Trailer Work...

For the past couple days, I've been working on the motorcycle trailer. Once we brought it south, it has been a "garage" for the bike, but hasn't really been set up for the road. It came with a wheel chock and tie downs... but they were just OK.

We picked up materials to build a shelf and a coat rod. I picked up a decent wheel chock. We put in some storage drawers that we had in the toy hauler. The trailer is ready to roll when we are... with the motorcycle and all the stuff that goes with it.

When I was done, Joan brought out the vacuum cleaner and tidied up the mess I left. She also started suggesting where I should hang things... I had to stop her. When we were moving back in from the RV, I asked where I should put a load of household items... she said, "Put it in my room." We have a room in our small house that has her desk and office stuff and my music equipment; that's the room she meant. All the other rooms are "ours". I don't have one that is mine. I declared the cargo trailer MY room. It may not be pretty, it may not be neat; it isn’t heated or air conditioned; it doesn’t even have a window. But, it’s the closest thing to a “room” and I have declared it mine, mine, mine!

And on the really bright side: the trailer is DONE! Well, maybe it would look even better with some cool stripes? Or a little sign on the door that reads, “Jim’s Room.” And a satellite dish would be kinda fun. I better not press my luck or I might be sleeping out there.

No comments: