Saturday, January 23, 2010

Breezy


The weather weasels were predicting winds gusting 25-35. They were right. We went for a walk in the morning, and it was a lot of work walking back into the wind.

After lunch, the wind started to ease up. I suggested a boat ride, Joan declined. I waved good-bye and headed for the boat. When I left, the wind was down to about 20 mph. By the time I got out of our canal, it was down to the mid-teens. It dropped steadily as I headed for the Gulf.


I was expecting big waves, but was delighted to see mostly widely spaced swells. I didn’t even have to use the windshield wipers. I spent an hour or so out in the Gulf - only saw one other boat.


By the time I came in from the Gulf, there were lots of boats... and a perfect afternoon for it. Sunny, mid-70s, and the wind was very light.

Another 30 or 40 days like this, and I’ll be caught up.

------------------------

Little Izzy had her one year check up this week. She's a healthy girl, but had to get three shots. She was moving kinda slow the next day...

No comments: