Thursday, March 18, 2010

Book Review...

No, not something I read, but the manuscript I wrote: Cat On A Leash. I asked a local arts & entertainment weekly editor to read it and give me her opinions. Not an easy task for me, since we had never met. I called and introduced myself, assuring her that I wasn't trying to sell her anything or bother her in any way. She agreed to give the book a read and offer her opinion. Today was the day I picked up the manuscript from her. I held my breath, waiting for her views...

She liked it! Well, she used "loved it." She told me she laughed and cried while reading it, and enjoyed the adventure. She offered a couple pointers to "spruce it up" and offered to write a review for it when I can get it published. I'm still trying to find a literary agent.

The only ones who have read the whole book are family members. They already have a connection with the story and the characters. This was the opportunity to get an evaluation from someone who doesn't know us. The positive review is very encouraging.

So, a little "touch up" and I'll be ready to renew my efforts to get this published.

No comments: