Sunday, March 14, 2010

Company...

Brent and Dixie, our cruising friends from Discovery, came to visit. We had a great time while they were here; had time to catch up and talk about future plans. Dixie is allergic to cats, so the house was vacuumed from top to bottom and I did my best to keep Izzy at distance from Dixie. As you can see in the photo, Izzy is a social girl, so that wasn't always possible...


Their visit was short, but big on enjoyment. I had the opportunity to give them a tour of the Port of Brownsville on Wild Blue...


There is petroleum, grain, steel, and all the usual things you expect to see moving in and out of a commercial port, but the two big industries there are the construction of oil platforms (above) and the de-construction of ships... there are 4 enterprises in the port that do ship scrapping.

All too soon, it was time to say good-bye. They have been spending the winter in Rockport, but will soon be on their way back to Utah. Safe travels, friends.

-----------------------------

I shipped the last of the packages off yesterday from the eBay auctions. It turned out successful from my point of view. I re-listed the few items that didn't sell, with new (lower) starting prices. Hoping for my new favorite word: SOLD! ;-)

No comments: