Thursday, April 15, 2010

How Work Expands...

Happy Tax Day. I read that 47% of the people in the US don’t pay any income tax... no wonder our government is broke.

Today was supposed to be a day of rest... and more rain. I got up this morning and the sky was a clear blue. I decided it would be a good time to get the black streaks off the front cap of the 5th wheel.

The black streaks come from crud on the roof, so I decided to climb up there and scrub the roof first. There’s a vent cover up there that I decided to remove the so I could wash the vent hatch. With the roof done, the sides of the coach were now grubby. Yeah, I decided to wash the whole coach. I swear that thing gets bigger when it’s time to wash it.

So, now I could do something about those black streaks. Scrubbing it three times with a brush didn’t remove them. Joan was at Wal-Mart, so I called to have her pick me up some black streak remover (yes, they make such a thing).

When she returned home, I took the black streak remover and went after the front cap again... it took three more scrubbings. And took the wax off the front cap. I had backed the truck up to the 5th wheel to reach the front cap, so I decided to wash the truck since I had all the stuff out. The sun was still shining, so I decided to wax the front cap. And this was supposed to be a relaxing day???

No comments: