Thursday, May 13, 2010

Go West Young Man...

For the past couple weeks, we have been visiting family. You know what they say about fish and family. lipsrsealed We are back to the two of us and little Izzy, and in the Black Hills at our all-time favorite RV resort - Hart Ranch. We totally violated our 2/2/2 Rule today, making it more of a 4/4/4 situation... we ran over 400 miles, got in after 4:00, and I think I may have 4 drinks tonight. Cool Um, I mean we'll be staying for more than 4 nights. Wink


We originally intended to stop about half way today, but Mother Nature wasn't being very kind... wind on the nose at about a gazillion miles per hour gave us the worst fuel mileage we've ever gotten while pulling the Love Shack. I can't bring myself to write it, but it was south of 7 mpg. embarrassed If it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to get to Hart Ranch, we may have sat out the never-ending headwind. Yep, self-imposed deadlines. We heard on the local Rapid City radio station on the way in that this was the first time they've seen the sun this week. It rained much of the way on our route today. While heading north, the wind was out of the NNW. When we turned west, it turned to WNW. Mother Nature has a sense of humor, huh?

For the Izzy fans, she was a perfect traveler today... she spent most of the ride curled up on Joan's lap. She was patient all through the long drive. When we stopped for lunch, she ate her lunch then waited for us while perched on her tower. She goes to her carrier when it's time to stop or move from the coach to the truck. No fuss, just pure sweetness. I'm pretty sure Joan would say the same thing about me. Roll  Eyes

It will be nice to be down for a couple weeks before we head to the Tetons.

Refer back to the second sentence... when I was little, my sisters used to tease me, saying I was tossed up on the porch by Gypsies. That would explain a lot. I must be adopted. Wink

No comments: