Monday, May 17, 2010

Simple Solution...

We picked up mail today. In our mail was a screen door mod I had ordered... this is a handle that attaches to the RV screen door that allows you to open the screen door without sliding the little plastic piece in the middle of the door. Every RV owner who reads this will understand what I am talking about. With this kit, you cut a small hole, install the handle, and your RV screen door is more "home-like". Many products don't work as advertised, nor are they as easy to install as advertised. This was easy and is a simple, but classy, solution.

I found the mod on the NuWa Owners Forum; the maker (an engineer) is also a NuWa owner. The door as it is isn't problematic... this just makes it even better.

Here's a link...

http://www.rvscreendoorhandle.com/

It took me about 5 minutes to install, including the time spent reading the directions. Yes, even though I am a guy, I did read the directions. Oh, and maybe a minute to clean up the little plastic bits left over from the Dremel cutting bit. So, maybe 6 minutes.

I made it look so easy that Joan now has other projects for me to work on. That's OK, it was a beautiful day in the Black Hills... sunshine, light breeze, and temps just above 70ยบ. I got the motorcycle out to exercise it a bit. This is more like it.

No comments: