Friday, May 7, 2010

Everyone knows it's windy...

What a difference. We left Chanute this morning with wind out of the NW at about a gazillion miles per hour. We plan to be at my Mother's in time for Mothers Day, so we we rolled. The temp was 69 degrees when we got up, 61 degrees when we stopped at the dump station an hour later, and dropped to the 50s by the time we hit the highway. Gray sky, threatening looking clouds the further north we went.

A whole 150 miles and we're in Basswood RV Resort in Platte City, MO. We're stopping here overnight to visit my sister. We've stayed in this resort many times in the past, but today it looks a bit tattered. Not getting run down, they had a hail storm that did some damage last night. There is a community wide BBQ being held here this weekend, so the place is packed. We were fortunate to get a site. No pull-throughs available, so we had to unhook the cargo trailer, back in the HH, and pull the cargo trailer in with the truck. It's a less than developed site... some gravel and a lot of soft mud. Not their fault, blame it on Mother Nature. Even though their brochure says cable TV and wifi... "Oh, not in those new sites." Yes, I should be glad they found me any place at all. ;) This "new area" isn't level, backs up against a hill, and is heavily wooded... so no satellite TV. Yep, we're roughing it. On the bright side, I do have a bit of a signal for my Mifi. :grin:

When I called the office to ask about their wifi, I was told they couldn't give me the access code over the phone. So I walked down to the office, they gave me the slip of paper with the code, and then told me, "You probably won't get it in the site you're in." I did tell them my site when I called. ::)

This is a very nice park, but I remember it when it was owned by a nice couple who belonged to the same coach club. It's now owned by a big company, so you get their central reservations when you call to book a site... and they have no idea how long the sites are.

It's gray, chilly, and windy here right now... sure hope Mother Nature cuts 'em some slack for the BBQ this weekend.

No comments: