Saturday, June 12, 2010

Getting Physical...

Today was my day as relief captain. Pretty much what that means right now is I will be doing other "projects" around the marina, since we don't need two boats going out. So, I fixed docks, put boat identifiers on life jackets and restocked the boats. When we pulled one boat out of service so I could get some work done on it, I did fluid checks and warmed up the engines on the other boat so the "first on" captain could just step on and be ready. He was very appreciative. I took it upon myself to learn where the fuel valves and emergency shut-offs are on the fuel dock. I cleaned up around the shop. It was a "short" day for me, only 8 hours, but I am bushed. I'll have another long day tomorrow, but it will be at the helm of the cruise boats. I'm thinking I will be in much better shape by the end of the season. ;-)

No comments: