Friday, June 18, 2010

House Husband...

I have long suggested the Blonde get a good paying job and leave me home to be the house husband and cat-daddy. I had a taste of that when Joan went to Dallas to take care of her Mother this spring. It really wasn't as good as I thought it might be. And today, I am the hh (house husband) in the HH (HitchHiker). The 3 captains here have worked out a rotation where we each get a Friday off once every three weeks... and today is my day!

And: the sun is shining! It's cold - it was 28ยบ when I drove Joan to work this morning; but, with the clear blue sky and very little wind, I am expecting some warm up. With thoughts of getting the motorcycle out, Joan left a list for me to get done today... laundry, vacuuming, sweeping, getting a roast going, flushing the holding tanks, taking Izzy for a walk, cleaning the cat tower... I gotta tell you, a man's work is never done. ;-)

I started on the laundry at 7:30 this morning; hoping to have all the chores done by the time it warms up (2:48 - 3:26 this afternoon). We'll see how it goes.

No comments: