Monday, June 7, 2010

When The Rain Comes...

It's been a wet week here in the Tetons, and it sounds like there'll be more of the same for the next week. Today was the third day in a row that the breakfast cruise was canceled; not from lack of people wanting to do it, but due to the rain. I feel bad for those folks, because that may be the only opportunity they had for that activity.

With only two cruises, I was the "boat mechanic" today. While probably out of my job description, it kept me busy. I adjusted the packing on the propeller shafts on the big boats, rebedded a spot light that was leaking rain water, and changed out fuel lines on one of the fishing charter boats. I have to be careful to not let Joan find out I was doing that work or she'll think I should do some of the same around the house. Wink

I actually punched out early because I was out of projects. Hoping tomorrow brings that predicted sunshine. Fortunately, the guests have been pretty understanding about Mother Nature's ways.

No comments: