Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day to day living...

Whether on an extended trip or a seasonal "gig", day to day living goes on. It was another day off for us today, but there were chores to be done; I washed the exterior of the 5th wheel while Joan did laundry. Yes, life in the fast lane. ;-) I tried to put off the exterior scrub down until the "yellow snow" is done... I'm seeing less pollen each day, and I couldn't take it anymore. I started on top of the coach, sweeping then washing. Then, worked my way down and around. The HitchHiker is sparkling!

I pulled some of the plants that have grown up around the back of the coach... closest I've come to "yard work" in a long time. Cleaned the windows. Took Izzy for a walk. Spent enough of the day around the coach that we even had the awning out all day. Joan cleaned inside while I worked outside.

The weather weasels predicted a chance of rain and thunderstorms for the afternoon... yes, I was tempting fate by washing the 5th wheel. But, they were wrong - it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I treated myself to a motorcycle ride late this afternoon... you know that all work and no play thing.

Advance bookings show that this is going to be a busy week. Tomorrow is my "Monday". With the extended time both before and after our contract dates, I figure we're now at the halfway point... and pleased with the way the season is going.

No comments: