Saturday, July 17, 2010

Poop waits for no one...

Friends of ours from home came to the marina today. It was a "blue shirt" day for me today, meaning I was "Mr. Mechanic." I had barely given Herb and Wilma the nickle tour, showing them the boats, the marina, the store, and the shop, when one of the dock hands came to me to tell me the pump out (that's boat talk for: the system to pump out boat holding tanks) wasn't working... "Can you fix it? I have two boats waiting."

Poop waits for no one. Roll  Eyes

So, I had to excuse myself and go deal with a crappy situation. Wink It took me about 15 minutes to isolate the problem with the pump at the big ol' holding tank and then get it fixed. Pretty sure Herb and Wilma thought I'd be covered with poop by the time I was done, so they got out of there! grin I didn't even need those rubber gloves I put on.

And that was my day today: dealing with a few fix-it things on the cruise boats, wiring one of our fishing boats for downriggers, the pump out situation, a bilge pump on another fishing boat, dealing with a nest of critters in the shop... ah, yes, the fast paced, fun filled life of a seasonal boat captain. Cool And it totally doesn't suck.

Tomorrow, Herb and Wilma will be going on our breakfast cruise. They'll get to see my "real" office and a view at a "white shirt" day... and one of the prettiest views in Grand Teton National Park.

While we've made lots of new friends here, it was really nice to see our friends from home. They came to our HH this evening for drinks, snacks, and ice cream... and to see Izzy. Lively conversation, and a very nice time.

No comments: