Thursday, July 29, 2010

Reloading...

A re-supply trip to Jackson yesterday, then back to the grind of getting everything back on my MacBook Pro and the new iPad. While all my data, writing, and photos were archived, I lost software, favorite web sites, and all my e-mail addresses. Some of that is backed up at home, but it will be a while before we get back there. And then more frustration dealing with Apple and iTunes. Yeah, all the music and podcasts (and I had a gazillion podcasts) went away, also. Again, backed up at home. But, just to add to the fun, iTunes wouldn't allow me to download any of my previous purchases because "It was on a different computer." No, same computer; different OS. Ever try to contact iTunes? No phone support and they don't return their e-mail requests for support.

I did download Photoshop Elements last night... only took 5 1/2 hours. And that will get me by until I get home and can reload Photoshop from the CDs.

Still, I have to say that the iPad is a pretty slick unit. I can see where that will come in handy, especially on the boat. Apps are very reasonable, many are free. I really appreciate having weather reporting options, gps options, and internet/e-mail while on the go. I downloaded a couple great boat navigation apps - full featured and less than 1/10th the price of a chip for the chartplotter.

And here's a photo of the Tetons, taken yesterday with the camera in my Droid...


Technology... don'tcha just love it?

No comments: