Friday, September 17, 2010

3 Days...

Three days of cruises left. Today was a driving day for me. When I came in to the marina shop, I found out that one of the other captains had to quit today due to a medical problem. I know he felt bad about not being able to finish the last few days of the season. The 3rd captain and I will pick up where necessary.

Interesting trips all day, nice weather. The passenger numbers are really holding up. It was a very busy day.

I'm not sure if it is the end of the season or if I just won the Crazy Ass Boat Lottery, but I did have one cruise where the folks onboard just didn't seem quite normal. When we finished, the first mate said to me, "Did they back a crazy bus up to the boat? Those people were just plain odd."

Maybe it was the woman who said, "Do you think things would be better here if you stopped the slaughter of innocent animals?"

HUH??? It didn't get any better as that cruise went on.

Oh well, that's one cruise out of the whole season... and one crazy woman out of the that cruise. Not bad, considering. I do try to show all our guests a good time; I did feel bad that she wasn't happy, but I don't think anyone or anything would have pleased her. I feel sorry for people who go through life looking for the worst. I won't let it interfere with trying to show the rest of our guests all the beauty the Tetons have to offer.

The rest of the day was boats full of pleasant people.

No comments: