Thursday, September 16, 2010

Days Off...

Two glorious days off; Mother Nature was most kind - lots of sunshine and nice temps. With 3 days left for marina operations, and one week total, we spent time getting ready to head out. After being here for 4 months, we are quite "settled in." I spent a couple hours today cutting branches so we'll be able to get the 5th wheel out of our site. Flushed tanks and topped off water. Pulled up our solar patio lights. Folded up the bicycles and put them away. Did some arranging in the cargo trailer. Joan did laundry. Oh, and we took Izzy for several walks... she is going to miss those little strolls through the forest.

Izzy did get out without her leash today - she's quick! I walked behind her, telling her "No! Stop!" She would look behind to make sure I was keeping up, then trot off as I got close. Pretty sure she thought this was a fun new game. I wasn't amused.

I had my marina radio on all through the day and could hear the other captain calling in the trips... good passenger loads. Everyone wants to be out enjoying this lovely weather!

Forecast high tomorrow: 76ยบ

Nice!

My head is in it... (cue the music) On the road again... I just can't wait to get on the road again. Hope Izzy remembers how to ride in the truck.

No comments: