Monday, September 20, 2010

Whew!

I had lofty goals set for today: get the cruiseboat pulled out of the water. Get the last boat out on a mooring hauled into a slip. Pull the rest of the rental powerboats (7) out of the water, get the motors off, hauled up to the shop, oil changed, lower unit lube changed, winterized, and hung in the shop. We not only got that done, but in the middle of that, one of the slip renters wanted a captain to pull their big boat onto their trailer. They had a commercial semi and crew to haul the boat and trailer. An interesting change of pace in the middle of a very physical day.

And we got it all done. There were other marina folks pulling canoes, getting life jackets inventoried and packed away... the place was a definite beehive of activity. I got so much done that the assistant manager said I could be done after tomorrow, if I want (change out fuel filters, pull injectors, and winterize the cruiseboat still to be done).

I had two of the younger dockhands working on my projects today... and their butts were dragging at the end of the day. Mine, too, but I didn't let it show until I got home. ;-)

No comments: