Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Airport Security...

SUX. That's where I'm flying out of this morning. There is no local phone number for the airline (all one of them) to get information, so I called their 800 number... "I'd like to find out how long before the departure time I really need to be at the airport."

"Two hours, sir. Certainly no later than an hour and 45 minutes and that might be cutting it close."

It's Sioux City, for goodness sakes. They have one airline; one gate. Do you suppose I'll get a 45 minute "pat down"?? I probably shouldn't have said that... I'm sure it goes on my permanent record somewhere or at the very least on my boarding pass.

So, two hours before the flight, it was me, a nice lady who checked my bag, and one security guard. 45 minutes later, two more passengers showed up. Then 4 more. Apparently, they didn't get the memo about the necessity of being early. ;-)

And just now an announcement that our plane will be an hour late due to planes waiting to be de-iced in Minneapolis. I checked weather there and didn't see any indication of precip. Oh well, I guess it doesn't make much difference if I wait in SUX or Minneapolis, since I originally had a 2 1/2 hour layover there... sure hope it doesn't get cut close for my connection there.

No comments: