Thursday, January 6, 2011

Let it ride!

We are back in Laughlin. This place holds some nostalgia for us - it is one of the first places we traveled to that made us (RVers) feel welcome. Yeah, that was about 20 years ago. Certainly more laid back than Las Vegas. We're not big gamblers, but we like the "folksy" feel of this place... and the walk along the river... and the buffets. After 24 hours here, I'm down $9, but I've more than made it up on food consumed. Let me get in a breakfast buffet and I should be in the black - I know I can eat $30 or $40 worth of bacon in one sitting.

Yeah, I'm kidding. Sorta.

It's been chilly and windy since we arrived... high temp today in the upper 50s, wind out of the north at about a gazillion miles per hour. We got a push walking south along the river and a real workout coming back north into the wind.

Since I didn't win the Mega-Millions (apparently they have some sort of rule that you have to buy a ticket first), I'll continue to work on some retirement security while we're here.

No comments: