Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lovely Day...

Another beautiful day on the water here in the Tropical Tip. We were at anchor after lunch, and I laid down for a nap, with Radio Margaritaville playing in the background. I had drifted off when I heard Joan shout something from the cockpit. By the time I got to the cockpit, she was waving good-bye to a nice looking big boat... the Nancy G. "Who was that?" I asked.

"I don't know. They pulled up alongside us and asked where you were. I said you were inside, asleep. They waved and headed off." I had no idea who that was.

We sat in the cockpit, enjoying the sunshine, when we saw a familiar shape in the distance. Joan pulled out the binoculars; I asked, "Is that Herb?" Pretty sure I recognized his tug.

"Yes, it is."

I short time later, we put out fenders and got lines ready for Willie's Tug to raft up to Wild Blue. We had a nice visit with Herb and Jake; Wilma had stayed home today.


While visiting with Herb, he mentioned a mutual friend, Skip. And then it hit me: Skip was getting a different boat... his wife's name is Nancy. Ah, the Nancy G. Hopefully, next time our paths cross, I won't be asleep and we'll get a tour of Skip's boat.

Another beautiful day in the Tropical Tip.

No comments: