Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tombstone...

We held to our 2/2/2 Rule today, making it all the way to Benson, AZ. Since we were in plenty early, we decided to take a little side trip to Tombstone, AZ... apparently not the home of frozen pizza, but it has something to do with a pretty good corral, 'cause it's "OK." Also seems like many of the residents are a bit behind current fashion trends. I called it "a cross between Oatman, AZ, and Deadwood, SD (before legalized gambling).


Even more interesting for me was a stop at the Escapees park in Benson - RV lots with "sheds" (some more elaborate than others); a co-op and rentals, including 6 month and annual leases. I totally understand that we all have different tastes, but after a couple months in the desert, I look forward to some lush greenery. I also understand how folks will come back to the same place each winter because of the friendships... and SKPs are a friendly bunch. But, Benson, AZ, or Pecos, TX, are a bit too "escaped" for my tastes. Roll Eyes

We'll be watching weather and plan to roll into the Tropical Tip between northers... well, that's the plan; Mother Nature will decide the reality.

No comments: