Thursday, February 24, 2011

Crash...

No, no one ran into us. No, we didn't run into anyone. I took my lovely wife to a show this afternoon... Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler; cute. On the way home from the movie, while driving that last few blocks on our island to our house, we saw a golf cart jump the curb and hit a palm tree. I stopped the truck and we got out... the old boy who had been driving the cart was lying on the pavement - he fell out of the cart when it jumped the curb. He was dazed, but conscious; bleeding from his elbow and knee. I was concerned he might have had a heart attack, but the smell of alcohol told the story... seems that the old boy and his buddies had knocked back more than a few after their round of golf.

I checked him over before standing him up - nothing seemed broken. Joan and I helped him up and into his cart. I drove him home while Joan followed us in our truck. As I turned the corner, I had to grab him to keep him from falling out of the cart. We helped him into his house and I started cleaning up his wounds. Joan got his neighbor who wanted to take over, so we let ourselves out. I told him, "You are going to be one hurtin' unit tomorrow. Seems that you are pretty well anesthetized for now."

"I sure hope not; I have a golf tournament tomorrow."

Good luck with that. He had some gouges, some road rash; not to mention the tumble out of the cart.

Yeah, that's gonna smart.

No comments: