Friday, February 11, 2011

In the words of...

... the great philosopher, Roesanne Rosannadanna: it just goes to show you, it's always something.

The cold seems to have had an impact on one bank of Wild Blue's batteries... less than 12.0 with no draw on them. I pulled out batteries this morning, checked water levels (all fine), and I'm putting a separate charge on each of them. These are less than 18 months old.

I ordered a new windshield from eBay for the motorcycle. Nothing wrong with the original one, other than it's a bit small. I prefer a windshield that punches a bigger hole in the wind. The one I ordered had good reviews. It came in yesterday, I removed the old one and mounted it up last night, and road tested it out today (while the boat batteries were charging) - nice! It even looks better than the factory original. At 57ยบ (early afternoon), and wearing a light jacket, you can certainly feel where the wind is coming from. Good time to test it out.

So, one thumbs-up (windshield), one wait and see (boat batteries) while they get a full charge.

No comments: