Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sunrise

It’s been a while since I’ve taken Wild Blue out for an early morning run to catch the sunrise. Time to take care of that.


The temp was in the 50s when I left the dock in the darkness; the Wallas heater quickly brought the cabin temp up to a comfortable 70º. I ran down the ship channel and into the Gulf. Along the way, I passed a shrimp boat, so I positioned myself to get this shot.


There were dolphins feeding out by where the birds were flying, but the light wasn't high enough to get photos... but I still enjoyed the show.

Coming back in, the light turned from warm colors to cool. I ran up towards the causeway and shot this image of the Port Isabel Lighthouse... from a perspective that people on land don’t get to see.


Nice way to start the day.

No comments: