Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A shot...

No, not the kind with a needle... I went around the doctor with "no hope" and visited with the doctor who does admitting for the rehab part of the hospital. He came by to evaluate Mom, saw how we were working with her, and said that she deserves a shot. He didn't paint any pretty pictures, and this may mean a couple days or a couple weeks... but it could mean the chance for her to have better quality of life. If she can help with moving or dressing, it is better than giving up. So, instead of a nursing home with skilled care, we are going to start rehab in the hospital. I am hopeful, but realistic.

My wonderful wife got our boat pulled and put away. She is working hard at home so I can be here. We will be together soon, and that will be easier for both of us. And together, we will face the challenges. My daughter got me through to this point on this front. Those two have amazing resolve. This whole situation is tough, but I have support. Now, it's a matter of how the therapy goes, and what the situation allows.

Keep those positive thoughts coming.

No comments: