Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blustery...

It's a cold, blustery day in the Black Hills; an occasional spitting rain. Not a pleasant day to be outside. If not for Izzy wanting to go for a walk a couple times today, I wouldn't have gone out at all. Joan did some bookwork and laundry, I dumped holding tanks, talked to insurance companies and gave Joan a private concert. Everyday life goes on. Tomorrow is supposed to be colder, windier, and rainier. I'm usually good for about 2 - 3 days of crappy weather before cabin fever sets in.

Checking weather for the Tetons (Moran), it is warmer there today than it is here. The forecast there for the next 10 days has a lot of rain in it... that should help melt the snow at the lake elevation. Maybe. We'll be watching that forecast close for the next 10 days.

On Izzy's last desire to go out for a walk, I opened the door, she stuck her nose out and looked at me with an "are you kidding me??" look on her face. I said, "Hey, you wanted to go out. I put on boots and a coat - we're going for a walk!" It didn't last long. Right now, she is laying beside me, sound asleep on the couch. We have the fireplace running. It's comfy inside.

No comments: