Monday, May 23, 2011

Good news, bad news...

I'm guessing this snow will be gone in a mere few weeks... well, in the campground, anyway. Wink I recall some folks asking about where to go to get away from the summer heat. Cool On the bright side, I've got the landing gear situation figured out. The reduction gear box is shelled, and I think the extending part is jammed. On the not so bright side, I'm going to have to replace a bunch of that to get it right. On the kinda bright side, one of the guys from maintenance said he'd bring a front end loader out to lift the front of the coach later this afternoon so we can get level. On the definitely not bright side, it just started raining... and I can't image he'll want to bring that loader 5 miles in the rain. Sad

Joan started work today: manager training in the morning, stocking the store this afternoon. I spent a couple hours messing with the landing gear, then did my "house husband" chores. I saw one of the plumbers messing with the water spigots nearby... and heard our spigot "hissing" (but, no water coming out of it.). That has to be a gargantuan task to get water functional each year after the winters here.

I don't check in for a few days, yet, but did get my business radio today... so I at least feel somewhat connected. I was told again today that there won't be any overtime this year. We'll see what happens when (if?) they get some water in the lake.

------------------

Update:

Doing the "Happy Dance." And I don't even have a Happy Dance. The Love Shack is level! It took two manual clicks on the landing gear, so that will give you an idea of how far out we were.

My friend with the front end loader called and asked, "You ready?"

"I was BORN ready!"

By the time he got here, the rain had stopped, the sun was out, and I was waiting in front of the coach for him. It all happened fast, so I wasn't able to get any photos. He slid the bucket of the front end loader under the pin, raised it a bit, and I put down the landing gear one click... not enough, so he raised it again, and I did another click. Pretty darn close. I locked down the stabilizers, dropped the back stabilizers.

For a brief time, we had water this afternoon! Of course, after a winter (and what a winter) being shut down, there were leaks in different places. So, the water is off again, but there is hope for tomorrow. With the hope of water, I put on coveralls and slithered under the coach to hook up the sewer... yes, the sewer hook-up is literally under the coach. We have the satellite TV hooked up, and as you can tell by the fact I'm posting this, our Wilson Sleek booster is working, so we have internet. In fact, I'm getting a much faster connection compared to last year... may be because there are not as many people here, yet, or maybe Verizon improved the 3G signal for this area. Without the Sleek, there is no signal.

Joan's first day was busy. Manager orientation in the morning, getting things set up in the store in the afternoon. She tells me they made a significant dent in getting things arranged. I know what a hard worker she is.

We're getting settled in.

No comments: