Wednesday, May 25, 2011

House husband...


I offered to have supper ready for "the bread winner" when she got home from work... "Um, no thanks." I guess we both prefer her cooking. While she has been going to management orientation meetings, I have been doing the house chores. This morning I did 5 loads of laundry... no, we're not that dirty - we were issued uniforms. There are 3 washers and 3 dryers in the closest employees comfort station. I was about 2 minutes from having the first 3 loads come out of the washers, when a guy came in and took up 2 dryers. He said the washing machine in his RV works good, but the dryer doesn't. Hey, it's first come, first gets, and I didn't have anything in the driers, yet. So, that chore took a bit longer. Washing dishes, making the bed, vacuuming... yep, I'm a regular Rosie the maid.

The sun is out for a short time this morning, but more precip forecast for later today. Still, this is a welcome sight. Little Izzy is lying on the back of the couch, taking in the sunshine. She would really like to go outside for a walk, but where there isn't snow, it's muddy.

The rest of the resorts in the park are going full blast, especially here at Colter Bay - everything opens tomorrow. Well, except the marina. With the rain, I am sure the runoff is getting heavier, but I also heard that they've opened more gates in the dam. Sure hope the local officials are right in their best guess about how much to drain down the lake in anticipation of the expected runoff.

------------------

On Edit:

I drove down to the marina to meet the Blonde for lunch. Our favorite view on the way there...


You can see by the view above that there are no cars parked there... yet. There are definitely people in the park, so we're expecting a good opening day tomorrow.

And then there's the marina...


Those docks are sitting on the bottom. The lake has now been drawn down to 46%.

After lunch, I drove down to Jackson Lake Dam. Here's why the lake is so low...


Yep, that's a lot of water coming out. Checking the water flow sites, there's still more water going out than coming in to the lake.

The water on the lake outside of Colter Bay is pretty well thawed. All that rock you see on the right side of the image below is how far down the lake has been drained...




Back to the coach, and I decided to give Izzy the opportunity to see some snow up close and personal...


And then she made the leap onto/in the snow...


I couldn't get a shot of the look on her face - shock and awe! And a lot of paw shaking. That was her first experience touching snow, and I'm pretty sure she didn't like any more than I do.

I had to clean her feet before she could come back in the coach. I made sure she wouldn't track up the carpet, but apparently I didn't clean them good enough...


And here's a panoramic image of the lake view...

No comments: