Friday, May 13, 2011

Mothra...

I don't mean for this to be a regular weather report (since I've often said, "Don't judge a day by the weather."), but the Weather Channel lies and Mother Nature is fickle. It's been cold, windy, and rainy in the Black Hills... I was hoping to get some motorcycle riding and kayaking in before we head west, but that hasn't happened, yet. It's given us time to get errands and other tasks taken care of... like leisurely lunches out. Wink

I got a report from the marina manager last night: even though the snowpack is above average, the lake level is lower than normal. They must be letting water out through the dam. That may delay the official opening of the marina for the season. I'm OK if they decide to work me less than last year. smiley

A new development here - it's like watching an old Japanese sci-fi movie... Mothra! I don't know where they come from, but we've had moths getting into the coach. Starring Little Izzy as The Moth Hunter! She has great speed, reach, and can catch a lot of air... especially when launching off the recliner. She may need a little work on her accuracy, but she makes up for it with enthusiasm. Roll Eyes Having ridden motorcycles for over 40 years, I can attest to the fact that moths don't taste good... and Izzy agrees. But, she can take them out of the air when she can reach them. cheesy

No comments: