Monday, July 18, 2011

It's my birthday...

Kinda anticlimatic. For years, I made a big deal about NOT working on my birthday. In fact, in the studio, everyone got the day off with pay... yeah, like a national holiday. ;-) Until Joan bought a cake this week, I had forgotten all about my birthday.

It was a blue shirt day for me for most of the day. I had plenty to keep me busy with boat work, dock work, and a trip to the clinic for my "random" pee test (required of all boat captains). Joan brought a cake to work, made a few signs for the studio, and some of the first mates and dock hands made cards and left nice messages on my locker. This evening, we had two boats for the dinner cruise, so I switched to the captain's uniform. The highlight of the day was having Joan come along on that cruise and being able to dine with my Honey.

All in all, it's just another day... still, I like it better when I have that day off. :-)

No comments: