Friday, July 29, 2011

Morning at the marina...

Another morning view...


And the beginning of a new work week.

----------------------

On edit: just finished my work day, driving the cruise boats. It was a beautiful day here in the Tetons. On one cruise today, we had a seriously grumpy guy who obviously didn't want to be here; from what I could tell, this was his wife's idea. To show her he wasn't going to enjoy the cruise, he spent the entire time reading the newspaper...


Now, I'm not posting this photo to embarrass the guy... I just thought this was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. We've had kids sit on the cruise boat and play video games... but, they're kids. This grown-up guy missed some of the most beautiful scenery in the lower 48, just to prove he wasn't going to enjoy this. Go figure.

A few years ago, I met a nice couple while we were cruising. I had a great visit with them, and in the conversation, the question of "What would you do different?" came up.

He said, "I would have started cruising earlier. At our age, there isn't a lot that amazes us; and we've been to some pretty amazing places. Sometimes I think it's better to see the world when you are young enough to be impressed by it."

Interesting premise. I hope I never get to that point.

No comments: