Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's official - I'm a sailor again!

No, we didn't get rid of the C-Dory. I ordered a sail kit for our Hobie kayak last week. It was apparently received by our company on Tuesday, then went through our "shipping and receiving system", where it sat for a couple days... apparently to allow it to "age" properly. So, this evening, the evening of my second of two days off, Joan had to go to the marina and discovered that it was delivered there... instead of to the employee housing manager's office, where our personal packages are supposed to go... and where I checked each morning of my two days off.

So, I will have to wait another week to try out my new sail... unless I can come up with some sort of insubordinate behavior that would get me sent home. And, I'm OK with that. ;) :D

The sail is red/white/clear; kinda reminds me of a windsurfing sail. Crisp. Pretty. According to the photo-copied instructions, optimum wind speed for use is 4 to 10 mph. Can't wait to try it out... our winds here are either calm or 15G30... should be fun!

4 comments:

Lost Petrel said...

Ohh! That water is cold! just sayin' :)

starcarfttom said...

Is this a sail for the hobbi tri hull I have seen or just a sail for a single hull kayak?

Unknown said...

Please for Christ sake help this poor boy from Haiti

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Tom; it's a sail for the single hull kayak. I bought the Hobie Mirage Sport, because it will fit in our cargo trailer. I like the Adventure Island trimaran, but it's too long for our "caravan".

Jim