Sunday, August 21, 2011

A short day...

Really. I worked from 8:30 to 6:00... a 9 hour day. My shortest day so far this season. Only one boat for breakfast, and this wasn't my day as lead captain. A thunderstorm came up while I was out on the rescue boat this afternoon, and they canceled the dinner cruise. By the time I got all the kayaks, canoes, and powerboats headed in, I could see that my day was going to be cut short.

The storm didn't last long, but the call was already made. Joan was able to re-book almost all the people on tomorrow's breakfast or dinner cruises.

This was the first day that we could see a noticeable decrease in visitors. To be expected, as we get later in the season - school has started in many places, kids are back in sports... time to be home. We will see another increase around the Labor Day Weekend, and then it will taper off. Marina operations will close on September 18th, then it will take a few days to get boats out of the water and winterized. Less than 5 weeks to go.

No comments: