Friday, September 2, 2011

Brisk, but beautiful!

It was 31º this morning. I came in early to prep both cruise boats for the Man Overboard and Fire Drills that are required monthly. I always try to throw in a new twist each month... today, after discussions with a Park Service rep regarding security measures, I put a "suspicious" item on each boat to see if anyone would find it during the drills. I had to say something so they'd look closer. Ah, yes, this world is changing.

It turned out to be a beautiful day - temps in the low 70s, clear blue sky, and very little wind. I drove what will likely be my last dinner cruise tonight; there are 3 more dinner cruises, but (unless there are two boats), they will come up on the other captains' schedules. 4 more breakfast cruises to go, as well. Then, less than two weeks of just scenic cruises, and we will be closing.

I visited with one couple today who was considering renting a kayak this afternoon. If there was a more perfect day, I haven't seen it. "Do it - if you're waiting for the weather to get any better than this, it may be a year from now." I saw them when they came back in... "You were right!"

Yep, absolutely beautiful.

No comments: