Thursday, September 8, 2011

High level talks...

A breakfast meeting this morning with the captains, marina manager, assistant manager, village manager, and the general manager. Decent discussion. Like most big corporations, I have little doubt that any changes proposed will take time. Much like trying to get something done with the government. ;-)

I miss the "old days" when we ran our own business - if a better way to do something was proposed and agreed upon, we made the changes immediately. Of course, there are some of those "old days" I don't miss, or we'd still be doing what we did. Closing in on 4 months here, all three of us have itchy feet... and, while it's been an interesting summer, being retired is still my favorite job.

Another day off today, and it has been a chilly start... 29º on my way to the breakfast meeting. I need to drag the kayak to the water and try out the furler in real-world use and get a motorcycle ride in. Looking at the 10 day forecast, this may be the last play-time with those things before we go. Daytime temps are supposed to be around 70º for the next few days and then dropping; a definite chill in the air.

No comments: