Sunday, September 4, 2011

A new day...

I got up with a smile, had the best breakfast cruise of the summer and then 4 more absolutely spectacular scenic cruises all day. Great guests who were all having fun! I finished the evening off with a sunset cruise where I took the guests far into a bay right at the base of Mt. Moran. Besides a beautiful sunset, we saw a huge bull elk and a bald eagle.

One crazy person does not put a damper on my season here... just frustrating that I was actually trying to help the woman NOT get ticketed or towed and I somehow became the bad guy in her eyes. Perhaps the fact that the store staff didn't back down from the woman when she was making a scene in the store ("No, Ma'am, we were all here and what you are saying is not true...") perhaps made her decide to take her crazy-ass ways somewhere else.

I have dealt with the public all my adult career(s) and sure understand that there are a VERY SMALL percentage that go through life trying their best to be miserable... and make others around them just as miserable. Sad for them, but as I once told my daughter when she decided to make teaching her career: you can't save everyone... you should try, but you shouldn't be the ONLY ONE trying.

What a beautiful day in the Tetons today! And SO MANY smiling, happy passengers!

No comments: