Sunday, October 9, 2011

Out and about out of Branson...


Another spectacular day in the Branson area. We rode the motorcycle to Eureka Springs for lunch and a bit of walking around. There was a Corvette Rally in Eureka Springs, and we saw dozens and dozens of the fiberglass beauties also out enjoying the perfect weather and fun roads. The fall colors are turning, the roads are full of ups, downs and sweeping turns - great motorcycling! We had a camera with us, but didn't get it out... you'll have to trust me, it was lovely.

When we returned from Eureka Springs, Joan helped me get the Hobie kayak out and launched - Turkey Creek runs right behind this park, so we didn't have to go far. I pedaled down the creek and into Taneycomo; I was surprised by the fact that there is almost no current. There were some waves generated by boats who completely ignored the No Wake buoys... all 16 of them! My favorite was the dumbass who ran like hell right up to a line of No Wake buoys, slowed down to pass them, then ran like hell again to the next line of buoys, and again... and again. As he ran past me, I told him that the whole area was a No Wake Zone.

"Then, why do they put them buoys in lines like that?"

"So you can't possibly miss them! See the bridge construction? See all those floating docks? That's ALL No Wake."

"Huh uh."

Hard to argue with logic like that. ;-)

I did get my camera out for a few shots on the water...

Heading out of Turkey Creek...


On Taneycomo (and fall colors)...


The city RV park...


And back up the creek (I did have a paddle)...

No comments: