Tuesday, October 18, 2011

They say you can't go home...

No, I don't know who "they" are and I have no idea why they say that. We rolled back into the Tropical Tip late yesterday, actually anxious to spend some time here.

We took our time heading back (it's been nearly a month since we left our "fun summer job" location in the mountains), enjoying some RnR and waiting for the weather to cool down here.

It will probably be a few days before we go get the boat out of storage, and then there will be some work to be done on her before she goes back in the water; thanks to this crappy ethanol, I plan to replace all the fuel lines.

We really enjoyed our "fall colors excursion," following the changing leaves as we meandered our way from the mountains. In spite of all the dry conditions here, everything here is green, the hibiscus are blooming, and the palm trees are swaying. What a change.

Speaking of acclimating: Joan said, "I think it takes as much out of you to adjust to the heat and humidity as it does getting used to the elevation in the mountains." At least, I think that's what she said... my ears are full of sweat.

No comments: