Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Yeah, it's nice out...


The kids left early this morning. As always, as soon as they leave, the weather turns beautiful... and, it did. Sunshine, glorious sunshine... and no wind... as in: no freakin' wind. I had thoughts of getting out in the boat; Joan told me I have thoughts of getting the Christmas decorations put away... after I get the cargo trailer moved. Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

The lights came down much faster than they went up. Of course, it took about a hundred times longer to get the lights back INTO the boxes they came out of.

Watching the clock tick away much of the afternoon, it was finally... boat time! We headed towards the Gulf - the water was nearly calm and a beautiful shade of blue. Along the way, we saw plenty of people out on boats - small boats, excursion boats, fishing boats, dolphin watch boats, head boats...


Out into the Gulf, the water was as calm as I've seen in a very long time. We got the chance to try out the small waterproof video camera Steph and Dan gave us... fun. I think I'll have to work on my hand-holding skills before it's ready for prime time.

Coming back in, the high rises on South Padre Island...


Set your watch back 200 years - the pirates are out and about, too...


And a nice sunset on the way home...


Yes, I did shoot some video of the sunset; it's going to take a faster internet connection than we have here before I can post it.

No comments: